We are a young company with an established business model, and we're already preparing to grow. We are committed to making Excelsior the best next step for your career, and here's a little about what makes us so special.
We are interested in hiring on both a full- and part-time basis. How often a week will we ask you to work? It's simple - however often you would like to! From once a week to a full-time schedule and everything in between.
Work/Life Balance & Paid Overtime
Our standard workday is 9 - 5 with 1 hour for lunch. Your clients may ask for your time beyond our standard business hours (e.g., to present at a board meeting or to complete a time-sensitive project), and you control your scheduling and availability outside of standard hours. What's more, we offer paid overtime if you exceed 35 hours/week - even for salaried employees!
We are proud to be an employee-owned company. Once the minimum tenure requirements are met, any client-serving employee is eligible and encouraged to participate in our shared ownership program. This company belongs to all of us.
Supporting Your Passions
At Excelsior, we are looking for employees with passions beyond accounting, and we want to support the causes that are most meaningful to you. That's why donate 1% of our gross revenues to charitable causes specifically chosen by our employees. Learn more about what makes us a "For-All" company.
Who We're Looking For
Associate (non-owner)/Partner (owner) - We are looking for experienced accountants that have a background as a controller or in an equivalent position. Our minimum job requirements are:
- 5 years of professional experience. While we prefer at least a portion of this experience to be at a controller or equivalent position, we will still consider candidates with at least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable arena (e.g., in public accounting).
- Experience in preparing and analyzing financial statements
- Strong familiarity with at least one popular accounting software (e.g., Quickbooks, Netsuite, Dynamics)
- High degree of proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrable project management experience
- A strong interest in working for and helping to grow a small business
- A willingness and interest in problem solving and handling stressful situations
Other credentials that are not required, but would strengthen an application include:
- CPA license
- Experience conducting or receiving financial statement audits
- Graduate degree in accounting or finance
- Experience with internal control assessments and implementation
- Familiarity with nonprofit financial reporting matters (e.g., restricted contributions, conditional contributions, Statements of Functional Expenses, etc.)
- Corporate taxation experience
- Payroll management experience
If you are interested in learning more about Excelsior or applying for a role with us, we would love to hear from you. Please email all employment inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.